Hanki Premium piilottaaksesi kaikki mainokset
Postit: 7   Viereailijat: 131 users
17.12.2010 - 08:48
I would like to toss this out for discussion.

While, yes, it is important that no strategy be overwhelming (every map choice should have at least 2 viable and equally competitive strategies, preferrably more), I would like to say that the map doesn't need to be fair.

i.e.: Afrika doesn't need to have the same chance to win (reliably, when played competently) as europe, or Korea+Japan for instance. If you want a challenge, you can get it by playing Africa (or highly contested Europe): no need to keep tinkering/devising strategies so that Africa has 'equal win chance'.

What IS important, is that Africa be AS MUCH FUN to play as Europe. Guer.War. helps, and therefore is a good thing.

Agree? Disagree?
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.12.2010 - 09:38
AMEN brother
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.12.2010 - 11:45
I whole heartedly agree. With the choice of imperialist and guerilla warfare the poor areas are just as much fun to play as the rich areas.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
18.12.2010 - 10:32
Agreed
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
28.04.2011 - 22:03
Africa, 1-20 players, no alliances, 25 join turn time, 5000 starting time.

Oh why do I do this to myself? Those games are a nightmare, great but a nightmare to play.

Keep Africa poor!
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
29.04.2011 - 06:04
What about cheaper units in africa that would make sence and still be fair!
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
29.04.2011 - 11:33
Kirjoittanut takeanap_oleon, 29.04.2011 at 06:04

What about cheaper units in africa that would make sence and still be fair!

No, no and no. You are saying exactly the oposite that is proposed in this [old but smart] thread. Keep the map as it is. Africa has already a lot of chances to win if played right, there is absolutely NO NEED of balancing the map.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Yksityisyys | Käyttöehdot | Bannerit | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liity meihin:

Levitä sanaa