Hanki Premium piilottaaksesi kaikki mainokset
Postit: 4   Viereailijat: 43 users
26.05.2013 - 20:31
I thought about PMing different clan leaders and slowly gathering support for the idea, but why not save some time and present the idea publicly. If the active clan representatives could respond in this thread with their support or reservations it would be appreciated (Pera, BertanK, Dr Troll, Hdrakon, Spart, Madara, Mauzer, LDK, TopHats etc).

This Friday at 5PM EST to 5:15PM (Saturday around same time could work too) clans have a 15 minute window to enter the first round of the FRIDAY FREEFORALL TOURNAMENT. After the end of the last match, winners of this single elimination tournament will then have 15 minutes from the end of the last Round 1 match to start Round 2. (Most likely the Finals).

Winners of each weekly tournament will be posted in this or a new thread as a record of your deeds and valor.

Problem: Odd number of clans show up.
Solution: If there are an odd number of clans participating in Round 2 (for example 7 are there for Round 1, leaving 3 winners in Round 2 then the remaining clan would get a by for Round 1 and participate in Round 2.

Problem: Only 3 clans show up.
Solution: Either A) we do a round robin (each clan faces off with each clan) or B) the clan that was last to show up for registration is passed over and the winner is declared from the first 2 participating clans.

Problem: This could mess up a clans' standings in the monthly CW race as clans field some of their weaker players and compete vs stronger players.
Solution: Accept that the current CW system is not that meaningful or fun and move on.

Problem: Only one clan shows up.
Solution: Winner! I will still post, though it would be pretty sad if "Fruit is best player" wins the first 2 weeks by default. lol.

Problem: While Round 1 matchups are determined by order of registration, how will Round 2 matchups be determined?
Solution: What a wonderful problem that would be to have. Clans matchups in Round 2 are determined by their availability or completion of Round 1. Whoever finishes first competes against one another next.

This system is not perfect I understand. God willing the details could be ironed out over time if this were to become a fiercely competitive event. I tip my hat to the first one who cosigns or supports this tournament. Lol. You are brave. After we get the first two to support then we already 90% of the way there. Thx.
----
He always runs while others walk. He acts while other men just talk. He looks at this world and wants it all. So he strikes like Thunderball.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
26.05.2013 - 21:48
I do not support. Different time zones make this idea unfair for a number of clans.
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

"In this game, everyone is hated."
~Xenosapien
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
26.05.2013 - 21:58
Problem: Different time zones.
Solution: Deal with it. lol. Diversify your clan. Not everyone will be able to participate. I understand.

Like I said, it is not perfect. But if it does take off, then we can work on alternating tourney times to make it more/all inclusive. But at this stage I think it is the most practical solution to encouraging competitive rivalries between the clans.
----
He always runs while others walk. He acts while other men just talk. He looks at this world and wants it all. So he strikes like Thunderball.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
27.05.2013 - 04:30
Another reservation I got was someone complained their clan doesn't have the ranks to match up with other clans.

Which is actually the reason I'm electing this format over the existing one. Too many CW opportunities are passed up because even if you are so lucky to get 3 of your CW players online at the same time, there is a good chance they won't match up rank wise (or skill wise) with another clans 3.

This format forces you to field your best 3 and compete. I think it would be fun if Terminal were pressured a little into competing for FIBP. Normally he wouldn't want to 3 v 3 but if asked I don't think he's leave us hanging.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Yksityisyys | Käyttöehdot | Bannerit | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liity meihin:

Levitä sanaa