Hanki Premium piilottaaksesi kaikki mainokset
Postit: 21   Viereailijat: 70 users
17.03.2013 - 06:05
I am ezzatam, and I am sick of getting abuse from a certain admin named Dave when I make perfectly logical/obvious suggestions. I wish my contributions be known to clear my name. As such, I am also relinquishing my role as a supporter, something that I was invited in by Amok as compromise.

1) I hold the most number of maps, scenarios and presets made by one creator.
2) I initiated the translation movement at late Novemeber 2012, 3 months before POEditor and offical translations began.
3) I cracked the reinforcement formula and income formula with SP formula cracked to an extent.
4) I made the first original world map (within 5 days) which also holds the most number of units of any map.
5) I made a thorough At-War Stats Compiliation, identifying the underlying problems of at-war and where revenue comes from.
6) I suggested a new rank system to allow players to progress up SP curve easier.
7) I suggested a new coalition and house system to make at-war more competitive as a whole.
8) I am the organiser of the seasonal Map Making Contest, which has had success in submissions and praised for its transparency.
9) I proposed the Help channel to help beginners of this game, which is now functioning very well.
10) I am the site creator of atWar Database, which is the only authoritative source of information beside this forum.

Extras: I made bug reports on map-making, sp and silverlight errors.

This is a community that should celebrate contributions and critics, not gang up and force them off the edge (cough Gardevoir).
Anyone who feels undervalued can freely post here of their successes.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.03.2013 - 06:16
What do you want us to do about it?
Stop flattering yourself, and do not bother the Admin, clearly he has more important things to do than to chat with you.
However, well done on your contributions to the game, but that does not mean you can say things like this to the Admin. Even if you are an important player.
You're regular member like any one of us.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.03.2013 - 06:20
Well done on your contributions to AW ezzatam
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.03.2013 - 06:28
Kirjoittanut Skull, 17.03.2013 at 06:16

For starters, the admins can take me off that position. (which they have done now)

It's not THE Admin. There are 3 of them, of which Ivan and Amok are amazing programmers/ web designers and clearly they do have more important things to do than develop the game, as they manage this as a personal interest/project. If you have been here long enough, you will be able to see for yourself about Dave's competence and know that he is an amateur promoter recruited simply because there was a previous overqualified candidate and Amok/Ivan needed replacement.

Begone, you troll. I don't need someone who has played for 3 days to judge me.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.03.2013 - 06:38
You can't call me a "Troll" just because I disagree with you. You just proved me that you "bother" others if they write their opinion something different from what you wanted to read.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.03.2013 - 07:56
Kirjoittanut ezzatam, 17.03.2013 at 06:05
"I am sick of getting abuse from a certain admin named Dave

My first question is, who is Dave?
----
I dont understand why people says that Full Package is too expensive:
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/6531/fzhd.png

"I... Feel a little dead inside"
-Gardevoir
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.03.2013 - 08:01
Kirjoittanut Skull, 17.03.2013 at 06:38

You can't call me a "Troll" just because I disagree with you. You just proved me that you "bother" others if they write their opinion something different from what you wanted to read.

I am questioning the influence of your status as a new player towards the running of this complex game. I am fine with you saying it, just that your background makes yourself ludicrous. Unless you want to admit that you are an alt of an existing player.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.03.2013 - 08:21
 Amok (Valvoja)
We are indeed very grateful for your contribution, ezzatam, as we are with other contributors. Your problem is that your bluntness and obnoxiousness sometimes gets in a way. And I don't think Dave underestimates your achievements either, in fact I think it's the other way around.

This made me laugh:
Kirjoittanut ezzatam, 17.03.2013 at 06:28

there was a previous overqualified candidate and Amok/Ivan needed replacement.

Morten was anything but overqualified, rather it was the opposite. Talking about doing something and actually doing it is not the same thing.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.03.2013 - 09:14
Kirjoittanut Guest, 17.03.2013 at 08:07

Well see, Ezzatam.
You are clearly putting too much energy into atWar related stuff, obviously trying to appear as a somehow 'essential' person. In fact, nobody really needs you though.

Caring for a game that I regularly play is not a crime. This is a post outlining the reasons of quitting my supporter role, as any responsible people would state. My intention was to create a post of celebration, where people can see each others's contributions.
I believe in equivalent exchange, for significant improvement of this game, the community must first give something of equal value.
Dave is there TO BE BOTHERED! He signed himself up for it as promotion manager. I didn't (see top post).

Kirjoittanut Amok, 17.03.2013 at 08:21

Your problem is that your bluntness and obnoxiousness sometimes gets in a way.

I am a player in this game and I seek to my own/the game's interest. I am not here to appease or make friends with random strangers (I have the outside world for that). I am impolite but I am not uncivilised. Dave does his bit and I do my bit, conflict occurs when he/hdrakon moans about something that had been expected (Lack of productivity for Street Team) and that they are responsible for.

To be frank, atWar is full of hypocrisies. We need more features to reach out and expand the game but simultaneously we are trying to recruit new players. Every time a suggestion/feature is not implemented, you devs fall back to say "this is an indie game and we aren't expecting everyone to play".
Catch-22???

NB: Funny how Fruit's resignation doesn't cause this uproar when our statements are identical.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.03.2013 - 11:17

2) I initiated the translation movement at late Novemeber 2012, 3 months before POEditor and offical translations began.
3) I cracked the reinforcement formula and income formula with SP formula cracked to an extent.
4) I made the first original world map (within 5 days) which also holds the most number of units of any map.
5) I made a thorough At-War Stats Compiliation, identifying the underlying problems of at-war and where revenue comes from.
6) I suggested a new rank system to allow players to progress up SP curve easier.
7) I suggested a new coalition and house system to make at-war more competitive as a whole.
8) I am the organiser of the seasonal Map Making Contest, which has had success in submissions and praised for its transparency.
9) I proposed the Help channel to help beginners of this game, which is now functioning very well.
10) I am the site creator of atWar Database, which is the only authoritative source of information beside this forum.

Im going to comment some of the points:

1) Let me tell you a secret, when custom maps were anounced i was really excited, in that moment i had many ideas of possible maps, sadly i dont have enough skill and resources to make the type of maps that i want. After my resignation of making map, i tried to help map creators testing maps, so i joined the alpha to play the few maps with the few players that were in the alpha.
I was trying to make objective critics of the maps and that...
If i tell you the true, i dont like most of the maps of AtWar, even if they have a nice background, and they have correct lines of borders, i think that all maps are pretty bad designed in therms of strategy, just like default map...
The 90% of the strategy in AtWar is based in the selected country.
Scenarios and presets of this game have a malignant cancer, they are just space...

2) Honestly, i keep using AtWar in english, since there is not real reason to use it in another language, the internation section of the forum failed in some languages, the only thing that is really necessary of other languages is a chat.

4) A high number of units is stupid and too complex for this type of game, standard clasificatino of units (one unit of each type) is the best.
----

-Gardevoir
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.03.2013 - 19:20
 Acquiesce (Valvoja)
Sounds to me like you should take a break from AW and come back when you've cooled off. Just a suggestion.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.03.2013 - 19:21
First of all, you say this:

This is a community that should celebrate contributions and critics, not gang up and force them off the edge

and then Skull gives a reasonable opinion:

Kirjoittanut Skull, 17.03.2013 at 06:16

What do you want us to do about it?
Stop flattering yourself, and do not bother the Admin, clearly he has more important things to do than to chat with you.
However, well done on your contributions to the game, But that does not mean you can say things like this to the Admin. Even if you are an important player.
You're regular member like any one of us.

And then you become a hypocrite:

Begone, you troll. I don't need someone who has played for 3 days to judge me.

When clearly, he gave a good point. This makes you look bad right off the get-go.

We know you're doing a great job by your actions. So there's no need to flaunt yourself to this extreme. The fact that you're stepping down from the supporters just because of this already makes you unqualified for an Admin position. Sorry.

Amok said it perfectly, making it pretty clear here:

Kirjoittanut Amok, 17.03.2013 at 08:21

Your problem is that your bluntness and obnoxiousness sometimes gets in a way.

----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.03.2013 - 20:23

I am ezzatam

Such a lier.

1.- i have more SCENARIOS than you do, with more plays and featured.
2.- NO ONE plays your maps, 1 of my maps has more plays than your whole MEGA-SERIES togheter.
3.- presets? no one uses pre-sets.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.03.2013 - 20:29
Just retaking some issues that I think that are at stake (beyond a troll and anti-troll etc. discussion):

1. There are no REAL incentives for players substantive contributions to AW development;
2. There are exceptions to point 1: translation project (rewarding ProtoCoins), map-creation competition (rewarding ProtoCoins), rare units competition (rewarding ProtoCoins), player invitations (rewarding SP... ¡lots of SP!), etc.;
3. The only REAL incentive for players contributions to the AW community is volunterism and social protagonism derived for particular players (which is absolutely legitimate and welcome);
4. The active AW community, defined as "loose AW developers/volunteers", is bigger than we imagine and smaller than we would like (¿and required in the long run?);
5. Constructive critique is often confronted with incomprehension and/or aggressive personal attacks;
6. In this scenario, described above, frustration (like ezzatams) is a logical consequence; ¿Is it a logical consequence? (...)

¿What to do with this frustration? ¿Is it just to suggest that people take a leave of absence and return after a while, when they have cooled off? ¿Are there any other options? ¿Is it possible to consider alternatives to this issue? Or, finally, ¿is it a relevant issue at all?

Cheers,
CD

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers." ― Thomas Pynchon
"Pose your questions to people and you will get countless useless answers." ― Dejan Stojanovic
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
17.03.2013 - 22:07
Lainaa:
This is a community that should celebrate contributions and critics, not gang up and force them off the edge (cough Gardevoir).
Anyone who feels undervalued can freely post here of their successes.

Several people got trophies and recognition for a job well done (see Player of the Month and Player of the Year, and the several medals awarded to contributing players). You yourself was considered for the position, however you have such a bad attitude that other people, who can discuss ideas and suggestions without resorting to name calling or taking it as a personal offence, were chosen for the spot.

I agree with Acquiesce, you should take a break from AtWar.
----
Kirjoittanut Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
21.03.2013 - 16:39
Mega-series Unit count is a joke.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
22.03.2013 - 16:01
Oh well guys, stop cornering Ezzatam.
----

-Gardevoir
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
01.04.2013 - 12:49
Well i gave atwar more than u i made un game xaxaxa and yo maps is shit that mega shit no one play it and u should do it for fun not atwar faim what is not important
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
04.04.2013 - 13:43
Nikola Tesla
Käyttäjä poistettu
Kirjoittanut Cpt.Magic, 01.04.2013 at 12:49

Well i gave atwar more than u i made un game xaxaxa and yo maps is shit that mega shit no one play it and u should do it for fun not atwar faim what is not important
Your cancer caused many players to become noob. Such as RA Ukraine in EU+.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
04.04.2013 - 13:51
Kirjoittanut Cpt.Magic, 01.04.2013 at 12:49

>un
>good map

Go die in a hole.

i have kept looking at your posts and thinking, who on earth is this stupid.
now i do. the creator of un.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
04.04.2013 - 14:20
 VRIL
Contributions all over the place. locked.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Yksityisyys | Käyttöehdot | Bannerit | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liity meihin:

Levitä sanaa