Hanki Premium piilottaaksesi kaikki mainokset
Postit: 24   Viereailijat: 83 users

Äänestys

What map should the next tournament use?

Europe/Europe+
Eurasia
Africa
Americas
Scenario Map Preset
Custom Map
World

Ääniä yhteensä: 45
29.10.2012 - 06:19
I'm considering hosting the 4th 1v1 tournament (with admin/mod permission), as currently the only tournament we have for this fall is the casual one. Please discuss suggestions for the settings of the next tournament here, with legitimate reasoning.

For example, should it be 1 or 2 initial countries?

Should it be 5k, 10k, or 15k?

As the poll asks, what map should it use? Be aware, that not everyone has custom map access, and if everyone wants a custom map tournament, it will likely have to be separate from the usual official tournaments. And for clarification, Scenario Map Preset means something like Pinheiro's Europe++; no sides and possibly altered incomes.

Frankly, I don't want to use classic CW settings (10k Europe, 1 initial) because Barrymore predicting over and over that Turkey will win (and being completely right) will soon get repetitive. At the moment, I'm thinking 2 initial, 10k Eurasia, as it allows for many different theatres, playstyles, and country choices. So yeah, please discuss below, and keep the comments constructive.
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
-The Opus Major of Roger Bacon
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
29.10.2012 - 07:33
New tournaments are always cool and i will encourage anyone that is willing to start one. I also see that you want to discuss different rules, which i like. But the reason (Turkey too OP), shouldn't be the reason for changing the rules. The reason for picking other rules should be: We shouldn't do more of the same. And currently, every 1v1 tournament has been different then the one before. Last one was 2 initials already, with 10k, while the 2nd tournament was 1 initial with 5k. You can choose a different map/funds/rules now. Although i think Eurasia might be something too big. Also; (to fix the problem with special settings like +100 cities rules), you could set the standard to +100, and make it 'negotiable'. If both players doesn't have premium, they can play without the +100cities.

Also (i repeat this): Don't underestimate creating a tournament, it costs lots of work. A lot of players create a tournament, and it either never starts, or is inactive within a week after the start. You should stay focussed to keep players active in the tournament and you should be very aware that it can take month's before the tournament is ended. With every tournament that fails, it will demotivate players from signing up for the next.

BTW: I voted africa
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
30.10.2012 - 01:41
Next 1v1 tournoment should be in alpha,in quality very balanced custom map.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
30.10.2012 - 02:15
Eurasia is too big for a 1v1.

Personally i voted Africa (preferably 3k/5k) for a stronger focus on managing finances.
Although a custom map tournament would be quite a bit of fun and we would potentially be able to see a lot of variety in how games are played. The problem with that is the alpha is still too buggy for a tournament (this could change by the time the tournament actually starts). Also finding a good tournament map in the alpha that people agree upon might prove to be difficult.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
30.10.2012 - 03:51
2v2 Eurasia pls
----

atWar Radio<3

play for fun, just for fun.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
30.10.2012 - 17:03
Africa 3k would b gr8
----
>.>
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
30.10.2012 - 17:13
I think europe(+), africa or amerika (north or south) are the only maps which are not too big for 1vs1.

I voted for amerika, but only south or north, not both !
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
30.10.2012 - 21:27
Kirjoittanut Chess, 30.10.2012 at 20:36

Where is Asia as option?

Sorry about that, I realised that I hadn't included it just after posting the topic. Probably should've had an Other option too.

Right now, to mix things up, it looks like Africa would be a good choice. I'm just not sure how many people would join, as most of us are used to Europe. For those of you who support Europe, we need some interesting different setting to put in there to differentiate from past tournaments.
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
-The Opus Major of Roger Bacon
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
01.11.2012 - 13:23
Eurasia 1v1v1v1
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
15.12.2012 - 09:27
Anyone think they can make an epic 1v1 tournameny with like 32 people persay, we havent had one of these in a while and i think either a 1v1 or 2v2 oturnament would be pretty fun
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
15.12.2012 - 11:10
Joey Barton
Käyttäjä poistettu
Kirjoittanut Eagles8539, 15.12.2012 at 09:27

Anyone think they can make an epic 1v1 tournameny with like 32 people persay, we havent had one of these in a while and i think either a 1v1 or 2v2 oturnament would be pretty fun

a 2v2 would be nice, my tournament died because a lot of the players quit the game while the tournament was going on.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
15.12.2012 - 12:22
I want another 2v2 tournament
----
I was banned for your sins

VAGlJESUS ["I love me some KFC"]
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.01.2013 - 16:43
Turkey is not op. there are many ways to beat it. In fact, there are no op countries. Ofc there are some countries that are preferable to pick the majority of the time but it doesn't mean they're op. It just means they're more versatile with different strategies, starting funds or counters.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.01.2013 - 17:01
I'm planning to start a new 1v1 tourney, once the current 2v2 has ended.
Also, it might be different then 10k, 4mins, europe+. (Probably 5k and 3 or 2mins) But a poll will follow.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.01.2013 - 17:07
Kirjoittanut Hugosch, 13.01.2013 at 17:01

I'm planning to start a new 1v1 tourney, once the current 2v2 has ended.
Also, it might be different then 10k, 4mins, europe+. (Probably 5k and 3 or 2mins) But a poll will follow.

Great News! However I think it should be the players' choices whether if they want 5k or 10k. Just to keep the level of diversity up. Considering we already had a 5k and a 10k tournament, it should be both this time.

Lastly, I know some will say that europe+ is too typical, but it's by far the best and more strategic map out there. If this issue causes future conflict I would suggest making the tourney a eurasia map, where players can choose if they want to 1v1 in asia or europe. Or even have a europe vs asia matchup.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.01.2013 - 18:38
Cow
Käyttäjä poistettu
Europe+ will do it. We still have no good mirror-map so Europe+ is the best choice.
I think it should be a 15k tournament though for the simple fact that we need to see how good players can adapt and come up with new ways of playing AW.
What would also be nice is a mix of 5k and 10k games. Like two games per pair of opponents and of it ends 1:1 there would be a 15k deathmatch.
Or even a whole new type of 1v1 tourney: Everyone plays one game per participant and earns points this way and the players with the most wins get the top three titles.

It isn't all about 10k Europe+ and two chances.
We need to stop being this one-dimensional.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.01.2013 - 19:55
Kirjoittanut Guest, 13.01.2013 at 18:38

Europe+ will do it. We still have no good mirror-map so Europe+ is the best choice.
I think it should be a 15k tournament though for the simple fact that we need to see how good players can adapt and come up with new ways of playing AW.
What would also be nice is a mix of 5k and 10k games. Like two games per pair of opponents and of it ends 1:1 there would be a 15k deathmatch.
Or even a whole new type of 1v1 tourney: Everyone plays one game per participant and earns points this way and the players with the most wins get the top three titles.

It isn't all about 10k Europe+ and two chances.
We need to stop being this one-dimensional.

agreed. but it should be by choice for players to either want 5k or 10k, one of them being default if it's a draw. a point system would be interesting to have to determine, lets say, a top 4. Once a top 4 is selected, the two winners go to finals, the two losers go to bronze medal match.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
14.01.2013 - 03:20
@cow & tophats
The great thing about 2times knockout is that you always have a chance to win the tourney when you need to play a match, so you will always play at your best. Once your are out, you also can't play games anymore. The problem with a league (or simulair system) is that i could lose the first 2matches, and i know i can't win anymore; but i'm forced to play a few games more, which i won't care about. This will lead in to inactivity and demotivation. Also 'deathmatch' is very hard to organise, as a lot of players need to be online at the same time (and then i'm not even talking about the luck-factor of winning when playing with 5-10players in 1 map).

Its not that we are 'one-dimensional', as i think i'm trying to use different types of tourney's everytime (even when i get a lot of criticism). Its just picking the system that works best. And if you read trough this forum, you will notice that i (and also others) already tried a tourney with a league form before going into 1time knockout. Its the same with playing Europe+ over and over again. This is just because it has proven to be the strategic best and most balanced 1v1 map.

But i will make a new topic soon with a new type of tournament (new rules) and ask the others for their opinion about it. I think it will be a system where both players can choose their map and settings for every game (but more about that in the new topic).
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
14.01.2013 - 08:07
Cow
Käyttäjä poistettu
Please read carefully Hugosch.
I wrote two games per pair of opponents, one 5k and one 10k match. If each player would win one time, they would have to play a 15k deathmatch.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
14.01.2013 - 08:12
What about using a custom map in stead of the world map, because many people are too focused on the world map (what they play really good).

I think we should promote more custom maps. Maybe we can contact the creators of the best playable maps (preferable with all kind of units and many different countries -> rich ones, poor ones, ones with high reinforcement,...) that they make some good presets of their maps, So that they get about the size of EU+. And after this we make a poll, which map to choose.

What do you think about that?
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
14.01.2013 - 08:54
3k Africa plz. Takes lots of skill there.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
14.01.2013 - 09:27
It should be 5k !
----

atWar Radio<3

play for fun, just for fun.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
14.01.2013 - 10:21
Kirjoittanut Hugosch, 14.01.2013 at 03:20

@cow & tophats
The great thing about 2times knockout is that you always have a chance to win the tourney when you need to play a match, so you will always play at your best. Once your are out, you also can't play games anymore. The problem with a league (or simulair system) is that i could lose the first 2matches, and i know i can't win anymore; but i'm forced to play a few games more, which i won't care about. This will lead in to inactivity and demotivation. Also 'deathmatch' is very hard to organise, as a lot of players need to be online at the same time (and then i'm not even talking about the luck-factor of winning when playing with 5-10players in 1 map).

Its not that we are 'one-dimensional', as i think i'm trying to use different types of tourney's everytime (even when i get a lot of criticism). Its just picking the system that works best. And if you read trough this forum, you will notice that i (and also others) already tried a tourney with a league form before going into 1time knockout. Its the same with playing Europe+ over and over again. This is just because it has proven to be the strategic best and most balanced 1v1 map.

But i will make a new topic soon with a new type of tournament (new rules) and ask the others for their opinion about it. I think it will be a system where both players can choose their map and settings for every game (but more about that in the new topic).

I agree with you there. A point system would be an interesting idea, but it's definitely not better then double elimination. We should stick with what we've been doing previously to insure a good tournament. Cow's idea is still something to consider for future tourneys though.

And yes, it should be Europe+ of course. But making Eurasia as the default, where players can choose if they want to fight to fight 1v1 europe, 1v1 Asia, or Europe vs Asia continental battle. Therefore, players take a risk by choosing first if their opponent were to pick in the opposite continent, for instance.

It shouldn't just be 5k. It shouldn't just be 10k. It should be both. The 5k 1v1 tourney that Ironail hosted was highly one-dimensional. If an epitome were to be identified it would be that of the first 1v1 tourney.

Here's my idea, like usual, lets say we have 64 players all matched up against each other in the first round. That means there's 32 games. Make the odd numbered games 5k. (game 1,3,5,7...) and make even numbered games 10k (game 2,4,6,8,10..) and so on and so on for the following rounds.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
14.01.2013 - 10:23
I made a idea for a new tourney here: http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=7009
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Yksityisyys | Käyttöehdot | Bannerit | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liity meihin:

Levitä sanaa