Hanki Premium piilottaaksesi kaikki mainokset
Postit: 9   Viereailijat: 38 users
24.09.2023 - 07:57
Over the past week and a half I took the time to visit Albania & Montenegro as my big "Balkans experience". I came with an open mind but was ready to be disappointed.

I was dead wrong.

We spent our days in the following places:
Tirana
Gamti Mountain
Lake Bovilla
Durres
Berat
Skoder
Skodra Lake
Podgorica
Bar
Virpazar
Tethe + Bogë + The Albanian Alps (Tethe National Park, Thethe Waterfall, & "The Blue Eye of Tethe")

My key takeaways:

1. The Balkans are an underrated experience that everyone needs to try. Albanians spoke a lot about problems with the mafia, but I saw no such thing.

2. It's best to stay away from the capitals (Tirana, Podgorica). There's simply nothing to do unless you booked activities in advance, which thankfully we did! (BunkArt 1 & 2 are exceptions and I learned much about their history. We Israelis can relate).

3. The citizens in the North are some of the warmest people I have ever spoken to. They love learning about the tourists that take the time to truly learn and appreciate their culture.

4. Your food is horrible. I'm sorry but it had to be said

5. I have looked at your average salaries and still do not understand how you pay ~75 Euros for a tank of gas.

6. Everyone has a Mercedes or an Audi. What the fuck?

7. I love Raki (best mixed with Fanta: Exotic. Please don't crucify me for that!)

8. Not a single person speaks English and everyone immediately assumed we were Italian.

This was an experience I'll never forget and my mind regarding the Balkans has completely changed. I can't wait to explore your wonderful countries again and travel to additional Balkan nations such as Bosnia and Serbia.

Love from Israel!
----
[pr] ●HellRaiserX666X: ever try beating your meat with sand paper?
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
25.09.2023 - 09:24
Kirjoittanut The Panda Jew, 24.09.2023 at 07:57

1. The Balkans are an underrated experience that everyone needs to try. Albanians spoke a lot about problems with the mafia, but I saw no such thing.

Yes.

2. It's best to stay away from the capitals (Tirana, Podgorica). There's simply nothing to do unless you booked activities in advance, which thankfully we did! (BunkArt 1 & 2 are exceptions and I learned much about their history. We Israelis can relate).

True, and they are horrible for transit in summer days, expecially in between 3 to 6 PM (end of working hours).

3. The citizens in the North are some of the warmest people I have ever spoken to. They love learning about the tourists that take the time to truly learn and appreciate their culture.

Yes, we are warm and welcoming people. There are always exceptions, as I talked with someone from this game in the past - if you meet one crazy person, it does not mean the general experience is compatible to that.

4. Your food is horrible. I'm sorry but it had to be said

You will burn in hell. And hell will be like spa when Balkaneros from this game read this sentence.
What exactly did you try from national cuisine in Montenegro?
Next time you come to visit, you should travel to the northern part of Montenegrin coast aswell. If you were in Bar, you could not really experience the beauty of of our coast.

5. I have looked at your average salaries and still do not understand how you pay ~75 Euros for a tank of gas.

Gas prices are a bit cheaper in Montenegro currently, when compared to Albania - but they are nonetheless similiar.

6. Everyone has a Mercedes or an Audi. What the fuck?

The population which has money for a good car and other luxuries do not live off their main salary. You can make good money in tourism during summer and then diversify that money into the other income sources.
(Or you can do the first point of your list.)

7. I love Raki (best mixed with Fanta: Exotic. Please don't crucify me for that!)

Rakija is bad, it is a trap. There are much better alcoholic beverages you can drink than rakija... Have you tried any of Montenegrin wines?

8. Not a single person speaks English and everyone immediately assumed we were Italian.

People who work with tourists know English and/or Russian in Montenegro, you should not have had such a problem. (English with a heavy accent).
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
26.09.2023 - 17:13
Lainaa:

OK panda they just have no history...only criminal record..this place was Greek land..
----
"People can be as dark as they want to be, but it's enough to intervene in a part of Greek life, so that it is immediately illuminated."
Friedrich N
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
26.09.2023 - 20:26
Kirjoittanut Bella Ciao, 26.09.2023 at 17:13

OK panda they just have no history...only criminal record..this place was Greek land..

Podgorica was Greek land?
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
26.09.2023 - 20:51
Kirjoittanut Bisexual, 26.09.2023 at 20:26

Kirjoittanut Bella Ciao, 26.09.2023 at 17:13

Podgorica was Greek land?

All south part (north Epirus)
Argyrokastro,avlona, agioi Saranta, kakavia,himarra,tepeleni,koritsa and many more!
I speak about albania
----
"People can be as dark as they want to be, but it's enough to intervene in a part of Greek life, so that it is immediately illuminated."
Friedrich N
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
27.09.2023 - 06:01
Kirjoittanut Bella Ciao, 26.09.2023 at 20:51

All south part (north Epirus)
Argyrokastro,avlona, agioi Saranta, kakavia,himarra,tepeleni,koritsa and many more!
I speak about albania

You are one crazed dude
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
30.09.2023 - 05:41
----
Hi, I am Proboi.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
30.09.2023 - 05:44

That is a tv man
----
Hi, I am Proboi.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
30.09.2023 - 06:20
Lainaa:
Lainaa:
That is a tv man

Enlightening as usual
----
[pr] ●HellRaiserX666X: ever try beating your meat with sand paper?
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Yksityisyys | Käyttöehdot | Bannerit | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liity meihin:

Levitä sanaa