Hanki Premium piilottaaksesi kaikki mainokset
Postit: 5   Viereailijat: 37 users
29.03.2022 - 04:28
I could be wrong, but isn't there a test server? I think I remember there being one years ago.

I'm suggesting a sandbox server that people can join (separate from the main game server) that can be coded to implement their own ideas.
Any idea that the wider community likes could be easily implemented by Dave.
This way, people can have fun coding a game that they can potentially invite people to play and enjoy for themselves. In return, Dave can use that code to implement into the main server, removing the need for paying developers

I think it's a win/win. Do eeet.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
29.03.2022 - 10:53
 Witch-Doctor (Valvoja)
There's will be too much risk for exploits if anyone had access to the code.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
29.03.2022 - 11:12
Kirjoittanut Witch-Doctor, 29.03.2022 at 10:53

There's will be too much risk for exploits if anyone had access to the code.

I wouldn't know how it'd work but the idea was if the server was a 'sandbox' (with the code hidden) and coders would just add stuff on top. I haven't the slightest clue about how coding works but surely there would be a way to do this. There might be some work on Dave's part to enable something like that but I think it could work without the need of actually giving away the code.
Think of it like how some games on steam have mods and sometimes those games incorporate the mods into the actual game. Surely those games don't release their code to allow for mods?
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
29.03.2022 - 11:58
Modded Minecraft? Modded atwar.
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
29.03.2022 - 12:31
Kirjoittanut Tribune Aquila, 29.03.2022 at 11:58

Modded Minecraft? Modded atwar.

Ray-traced atwar
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Yksityisyys | Käyttöehdot | Bannerit | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liity meihin:

Levitä sanaa