Hanki Premium piilottaaksesi kaikki mainokset
Postit: 8   Viereailijat: 47 users
16.12.2020 - 13:03
After a certain amount of time a map has been out, mybe 5 years or mybe even shorter. Maps should enter the Public Domain so all Premium Users can clone and make their own versions of maps, this will cause an explosion in new scenarios and maps with a twist. i only see Pros to this since if a map is 5 years old im sure the creator wouldnt mind helping the community anyway.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
16.12.2020 - 13:11
 Witch-Doctor (Valvoja)
No I think map creators should have access to their map. As long as they don't do anything stupid like delete it or break it, they should own it indefinitely.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
16.12.2020 - 15:11
Kirjoittanut Witch-Doctor, 16.12.2020 at 13:11

No I think map creators should have access to their map. As long as they don't do anything stupid like delete it or break it, they should own it indefinitely.

There is a long history of Public Domain IRL and it has only benefited the IRL society, I don't see why we wouldn't see those same benefits to Atwar.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
16.12.2020 - 15:17
It must be a mapmaker decision, they didnt spend hours making their maps for a random to clone it and screw it up (and may some kind of advantage for him). Mapmakers have the right to decide.
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
16.12.2020 - 15:30
Kirjoittanut edusigo, 16.12.2020 at 15:17

It must be a mapmaker decision, they didnt spend hours making their maps for a random to clone it and screw it up (and may some kind of advantage for him). Mapmakers have the right to decide.

Dude the map itself would not change, when you clone a map you are making a new whole map (it has to have a Different name) so people would always know the original from the edited version, and most of these map makers are retired. we need a re birth of many maps to have them updated to current standards, that will lead to more variety of maps, better quality because people can build apon eachother. and wtf you men give themselves an advantage? that shit makes no sence have you ever made or edited a map? i dont know how you would begin to do that
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
16.12.2020 - 19:17
Maps should be owned by the creator indefinitely, but if the mapmaker decides to damage the community by taking down the map or breaking it, developers should be able to take charge. Notice I said "decide," so there has to be pretty clear intent to damage the community. You not only have to damage the community, but you also have to be doing it deliberately (Aetius with ww1, colors, broken)
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
21.12.2020 - 05:08
Honestly, I thought this forum post would be about unlocking old maps for non-premiums for use after a certain amount of time has passed rather than taking away mapmakers' rights to their own intellectual property.
----
hi
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
21.12.2020 - 14:34
Kirjoittanut SoggyHerman, 16.12.2020 at 13:03

After a certain amount of time a map has been out, mybe 5 years or mybe even shorter. Maps should enter the Public Domain so all Premium Users can clone and make their own versions of maps, this will cause an explosion in new scenarios and maps with a twist. i only see Pros to this since if a map is 5 years old im sure the creator wouldnt mind helping the community anyway.

tbh the only reason a map should be changed is if its broken or just deleted.
----
RP is terrible, but NWE is the worst of all
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Yksityisyys | Käyttöehdot | Bannerit | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liity meihin:

Levitä sanaa