Hanki Premium piilottaaksesi kaikki mainokset
Postit: 32   Viereailijat: 95 users
20.06.2012 - 22:05

Hello gentlemen. It's time for a change of the tournament. Now it's a double elimination format, with a best of 3 for the final game. This tournament will award medals, including MVP medal to the best players of the competition!

On the case of not being able to get a game, the cln should contact me. On further not being able to schedule a game, a win will be given on a case by case basis. In the case of a match not happening and neither CLN contacting me about it, I will try to contact the CLNs either ingame or through this thread, otherwise a tie will be given (no points to either party).

Match Rules:
Game Type: 3v3 Team Game (no need to be CW and can be 2v2 if both sides agree on it)
Map: Europe+
Turn duration: 3 minutes
Starting funds: 10k
Maximum players: 6
Joining until week: 0
Victory: Capture your enemies' capital and hold for 2 turns
Game duration: 50 turns
Rares: No rares
Initial countries: 1 country
+100 cities: On
Allow rejoining: yes
Additional rule: First turn turnblocking(TB), Wallfucking(WF), and Rushing are not allowed. The offending team will be given a loss upon the offended team providing screenshots. If both teams break this rule, the match is to be restarted. Wallfucking a city who was neutral in turn 1 is permitted (just clarifying that wallfucking a neutral city is allowed).

Reporting score:
- Take a screenshot and send it to me or post on this thread.
- Upon cheating (first turn TB, first turn Wallfuck or first turn rushing) the offended team should present screenshots.

Current Standings for MVP:
1. Acquiesce
1. VRIL
3. Caulerpa
4. Fruit
5. Aristosseur
5. Cyanide
5. Skenderbeu
5. TopHats
----
Kirjoittanut Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
30.06.2012 - 13:56
 Acquiesce (Valvoja)
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
06.07.2012 - 08:01
How is White Glove Society in this? Even though it has the same players, it's a different coalition and switching 2 coalition's places in the middle of the tournament is not appropriate in my opinion.
Can I switch Dalmati with some new coalition of competence of 1, and then if we make it to the finals I will switch it to Dalmati again? I don't see why I couldn't do that.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
06.07.2012 - 08:05
I agree with Caul. Adding or changing coalitions shoudn't be possible halfway a tournament... Get 'white ppl homeland' (Byzantia) back on the list, cancel the current results and replay the match against 'War Time Heroes' (AoW) with players that are currently in 'white ppl homeland'!
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
06.07.2012 - 09:30
Its his tournament, so he can do what ever he want to do. If he changes the rules we had to accept it. in my opinion...
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
06.07.2012 - 09:42
Nope, it's the tournament supported by admins so we can say it's "official", accordingly he can't do whatever he wants, especially if he wants this tournament to succeed and be a good host.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
06.07.2012 - 09:43
Kirjoittanut Tzeentch, 06.07.2012 at 09:30

Its his tournament, so he can do what ever he want to do. If he changes the rules we had to accept it. in my opinion...

I don't think so, since it's rules also involves Coalition Wars, which are way bigger than any tournament.

I agree with Caulerpa and Hugosch.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
06.07.2012 - 09:45
Personally i agree to you both, but he changed the rules once, now he changed the Coalitions, next time...?
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
06.07.2012 - 10:46
 VRIL
Kirjoittanut Tzeentch, 06.07.2012 at 09:45

Personally i agree to you both, but he changed the rules once, now he changed the Coalitions, next time...?

The rules change affected all clns in the same way. Im not saying that this was 100% right though.
But now he made a move that is pretty unfair towards all other participants.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
06.07.2012 - 13:02
True, true. I was flexible before with Stalins, proposing that they played their matches regardless of being in a coalition, since they were the same players and the coalition was going to be reformed, so imagined it wouldn't be such an outrage. The competence issue completely eluded me however.

If matches against WGS were to not be CWs, I believe it would be fair, removing the competence issue. The players would still be the same. Tell me what you guys think.
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
06.07.2012 - 13:11
As I've told you by PM, it seems like a reasonable solution to me.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
06.07.2012 - 13:13
I could accept that.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
06.07.2012 - 18:36
Kirjoittanut Tzeentch, 06.07.2012 at 09:45

Don't worry, mate. Regarding everything being CW I was trying to make the tournament more competitive, more serious. If you or anyone else has a problem with it, we can discuss and that rule may be removed. I want this tournament to be fun for everyone involved, not to rack up points for my coalition.

And I don't think I'll need to make any changes again, so I'm not trying to take over the world or something ( :

EDIT: to make things more fair, I've removed the need to be CW. If both coalitions agree on it, it can be. Also, 2v2 format is back. I hope you don't take this as OH NO ANOTHER CHANGE. Regarding the WGS situation, I believe removing the need to be CW will resolve everyone's issues with it. I'm afraid I can't do much to restore DK's lost CP to Dalmati due to CW obligation.
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
07.07.2012 - 07:13
To tell you the truth Pulse: I think its still very unfair and doing a favor for WGS. Its not only about coalitionpoints, its about changing rules and participants while playing a tournament. That is absolutely unacceptable, in any way. The coalition that was in this tournament have no players, and since its a coalition tournament (and not a player tournament) its not fair if another coalition take its place. That both coalition have (almost) the same players, is completely irrelevant. Not having to play them in a CW makes things less worse, but its still shit.

However, as i see Caulerpa and Pinheiro somehow could agree with this, there is not much more for me to do then also agree, but with reluctance.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
07.07.2012 - 07:16
Kirjoittanut Hugosch, 07.07.2012 at 07:13

The coalition that was in this tournament have no players, and since its a coalition tournament (and not a player tournament) its not fair if another coalition take its place. That both coalition have (almost) the same players, is completely irrelevant.

You're right about this, WGS and Byzantia are 2 different coalitions and I don't see how is possible to replace one with another.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
07.07.2012 - 08:19
 Acquiesce (Valvoja)
I've thought about this issue for a while and here are my thoughts. WGS is not Byzantia, simple as that. Regardless if they have many of the same players. Thus, I would be very hesitant about letting WGS play for Byzantia. However, my intention is not to ruin the tournament or end it for that matter. So like everyone else I'm more that willing to come to some sort of compromise.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
07.07.2012 - 10:37
All this does is revive a bit of the competition. It is pretty obvious that Byzantia just decided to revive their coalition by forming a new one. It doesn't just have some of the players from Byzantia, all of the players are from Byzantia. It is the same coalition in the same way as if they changed their name only. Pulse has always offered a large amount of leeway in allowing players to play in the previous rounds (even if they were not necessarily in the coalitions involved; i.e. DeviL in wbl). Even though he is in WGS, I don't see bias playing into his decision.

A coalition is more then just the vessel that houses players - it is the players themselves that make up the identity of the coalition.. I guess it is up to the admins to make this a tournament that gives medals or not, but in the end, the decision lays with Pulse. You may disagree with his decision, but really the only option for the rest of us is to refuse to play, but no one wins in that situation.

My opinion is to forget about this little dispute and just play.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
10.07.2012 - 21:21
Removed WGS, guys. Sorry for the confusion.
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.07.2012 - 11:49
 Acquiesce (Valvoja)
Perhaps BiteMe, WBL, Dalmati Pups, and Eagles could schedule their matches. Or perhaps you (Pulse) could set some deadlines. Otherwise this tournament is never going to be finished.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.07.2012 - 13:15
Kirjoittanut notserral, 10.07.2012 at 21:21

Removed WGS, guys. Sorry for the confusion.

all to prove a point? No need to go that far mate, put WGS back in the mix, it is your tournament. People are upset that Byzantia made a new coalition to be revived not because you changed the rules to benefit your coalition. I honestly don't see a problem with rule changes since they apply to everyone. So either way we all have the same opportunities. I'm more upset that you guys decided to make a new coalition rather than sticking with Byzantia. The rule changes are fine to me and like I said it's your tournament not theirs. So put WGS back in there and lets have a fun tournament! alright?
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.07.2012 - 15:58
Btw why is Deutsche Koalition still in?

I told you we are out...
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.07.2012 - 20:38
Well guys, I've been so swamped and out of time that I didn't even manage to post here.

Let me explain myself.

As Nate said, I've given a lot of leeway to coalitions - allowing devil to play for WBL, Stalins' players to play during that time when b0nker went berserk and so on - and I assumed it would be OK for me to do the same with Byzantia and WGS - since they are the same players and all of that jazz. I did, however, overlook the fact that I had made it mandatory to play CWs and it was incredibly fishy to have that rule and switch coalitions for one with competence 1.

But since the community was still not satisfied with that - and I assume I should have seeked everyone's approval - I decided that the best course of action is to just remove WGS from the tournament. The moment I create a tournament and invite players, it ceases to become mine only and if I want it to be a good tournament, it has to be good for everyone, and it also removes any traces of bias from premises.

I'm also not happy with forcing everyone to CW, even though that was the main point of it. I thought it would increase the competition, but I don't think it did and I ended up losing Deutsche Koalition in the process, so we're back to the starting configurations.

I will be sending PMs to those involved reminding them to play their games. The deadline will be July 27th.
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.07.2012 - 23:51
I don't see the problem with having the games be CWs if WGS is removed.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
27.07.2012 - 18:06
Gentlemen, just getting back to this tournament: the deadline for the first round games to be played is August 10th, ok? I'll be sending PMs right now.
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
27.07.2012 - 23:02
Make each round forced cws again.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
28.07.2012 - 05:46
It feels a bit odd to me that there's that ever so slight chance Dalmati may go up against Dalmati Pups.

That'd be fun as hell to participate in ^_^
----
~goodnamesalltaken~
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
28.07.2012 - 05:52
G. Britainator
Käyttäjä poistettu
Aow has died. please removed them
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.08.2012 - 10:23
 Acquiesce (Valvoja)
Three days after the deadline and still only one match has been played.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.08.2012 - 13:37
He took away forced CWs which were the only reason to play in this tournament.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.08.2012 - 15:40
 Acquiesce (Valvoja)
Really? I figured winning the tournament was also a pretty good reason to play. Oh well..
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Yksityisyys | Käyttöehdot | Bannerit | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liity meihin:

Levitä sanaa