Hanki Premium piilottaaksesi kaikki mainokset
Postit: 22   Viereailijat: 63 users
07.06.2018 - 15:54
Interesting indeed this increases the chance our nearby neighbor once had some sort of life.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
07.06.2018 - 16:16
 Acquiesce (Valvoja)
99% of humans won't be interested unless it can be fucked or eaten.
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
07.06.2018 - 16:20
Thats pretty cool
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
08.06.2018 - 09:30
To be honest this was to be expected when they found water on mars so yea nice to know lets hope we'll (our Species) gets a colony up and running whitin 20 years
----
What is Better, To be Born Good, Or to overcome One's Evil Nature Through Great Effort - Paarthurnax
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
08.06.2018 - 09:39
Kirjoittanut Cheerfultitanic, 07.06.2018 at 15:54

Interesting indeed this increases the chance our nearby neighbor once had some sort of life.

honestly im pretty certain humans will find singlecellular life somewhere else in the universe.

Multicellular, intelligent life is a different matter
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
08.06.2018 - 10:04
 4nic
Kirjoittanut Seranox, 08.06.2018 at 09:30

To be honest this was to be expected when they found water on mars so yea nice to know lets hope we'll (our Species) gets a colony up and running whitin 20 years

mars has polar ice caps just like earth
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
08.06.2018 - 10:50
Make mars great again!
----

We are not the same- I am a Martian.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
08.06.2018 - 12:45
Kirjoittanut LukeTan, 08.06.2018 at 09:39

Kirjoittanut Cheerfultitanic, 07.06.2018 at 15:54

honestly im pretty certain humans will find singlecellular life somewhere else in the universe.

Multicellular, intelligent life is a different matter

There are intelligent species more advanced than humans. Insider knowledge.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
09.06.2018 - 05:59
Lainaa:
Kirjoittanut Xenosapien, 08.06.2018 at 12:45

There are intelligent species more advanced than humans. Insider knowledge.

Please list me a few that build a Global Society, that went into Space & build Satellites?
----
What is Better, To be Born Good, Or to overcome One's Evil Nature Through Great Effort - Paarthurnax
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
09.06.2018 - 06:04
I forgot to say. isn't any molecule with carbon considered organic? so this isn't really something special.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
09.06.2018 - 15:46
Soldier001
Käyttäjä poistettu
I don't want to live on this shitty planet filled with autistic people anymore, i am going to mars
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
10.06.2018 - 04:55
Kirjoittanut Zoe, 08.06.2018 at 12:07

The real problem is the transportation system. Once you're there, there's no way to get back to earth. Plus, no internet. It's going to be pretty boring, and to get to mars, it takes about 10 months. That too, once mars comes close to earth every two years. Unless people find a speedy way to get to mars, then come back again, many wont be interested.

i really think you under-estimate people, i think many are interested in actually joining such a venture
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
10.06.2018 - 06:19
Kirjoittanut Guest, 09.06.2018 at 15:46

I don't want to live on this shitty planet filled with autistic people anymore, i am going to mars

I'm coming with you. We will create a Kibutz and call it Konoha
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
10.06.2018 - 06:57
 Zoe
Kirjoittanut Seranox, 10.06.2018 at 04:55

Kirjoittanut Zoe, 08.06.2018 at 12:07

The real problem is the transportation system. Once you're there, there's no way to get back to earth. Plus, no internet. It's going to be pretty boring, and to get to mars, it takes about 10 months. That too, once mars comes close to earth every two years. Unless people find a speedy way to get to mars, then come back again, many wont be interested.

i really think you under-estimate people, i think many are interested in actually joining such a venture

I said "many" not all. People without parents, and generally people who live alone can be good participants.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
10.06.2018 - 08:23
Kirjoittanut gothboy, 09.06.2018 at 06:04

I forgot to say. isn't any molecule with carbon considered organic? so this isn't really something special.

Yes, anything with carbon is organic, so it's kinda a big deal and at the same time it's not. It's not a big deal because just because there's sources of carbon doesn't mean that there is or was life. It is a big deal though because as far as we know, life requires carbon and this is the first time we have found it on mars so it brings us one step closer to possibly finding life, either now or from the past, on mars.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
11.06.2018 - 07:18

Unlikely to happen for many thousands of years if ever, unless we figure out a way to travel at speeds many times faster than light (Lightspeed still means it's a 3.5 to 4 year trip to Proxima Centauri) and have the ship and people aboard survive the trip. If we can't then we need multi-generation sleeper ships that'll take thousands of years to travel between systems, and might end up being a bigger headache than its worth. How do you ensure the planet you're going to is inhabitable? How do you know in the time it takes you to get there, there hasn't been a volcanic eruption or asteroid impact that renders the planet uninhabitable? How do you colonize it with a single ship? If you send a few people, how do you prevent inbreeding amongst those colonists, and if you send many, what if they all die? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to know humans would some day colonize the galaxy, but without serious advances in technology that are probably at least a thousand years away, I don't see us discovering single-cellular life outside of the Sol System any time soon. Mars, Europa, Io, Titan are all candidates we may discover life on. All this assuming that at least one of the Mars Colonization Programs succeeds (I'm personally hoping for the SpaceX one - Mars One is a scam) and we don't kill ourselves off on Earth.

Kirjoittanut Seranox, 08.06.2018 at 09:30

Not really. Water =/= automatic guarantee of life. Else, considering there's water on the moon, they should be looking for life there too. Also they haven't found life on Mars, they've found molecules which make up a small fraction of what forms life. It's a great indicator towards Mars having life, or having the conditions needed to have life billions of years in the past and opens the possibility of life still surviving in pockets across and/or under the planet, but it was never a given.
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
11.06.2018 - 07:20
Kirjoittanut Darth., 11.06.2018 at 07:18

Unlikely to happen for many thousands of years if ever, unless we figure out a way to travel at speeds many times faster than light (Lightspeed still means it's a 3.5 to 4 year trip to Proxima Centauri) and have the ship and people aboard survive the trip. If we can't then we need multi-generation sleeper ships that'll take thousands of years to travel between systems, and might end up being a bigger headache than its worth. How do you ensure the planet you're going to is inhabitable? How do you know in the time it takes you to get there, there hasn't been a volcanic eruption or asteroid impact that renders the planet uninhabitable? How do you colonize it with a single ship? If you send a few people, how do you prevent inbreeding amongst those colonists, and if you send many, what if they all die? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to know humans would some day colonize the galaxy, but without serious advances in technology that are probably at least a thousand years away, I don't see us discovering single-cellular life outside of the Sol System any time soon. Mars, Europa, Io, Titan are all candidates we may discover life on. All this assuming that at least one of the Mars Colonization Programs succeeds (I'm personally hoping for the SpaceX one - Mars One is a scam) and we don't kill ourselves off on Earth.

I think you've misunderstood me, I meant that humans would find out that singlecellular life existed somewhere else in the universe.

What I said was completely unrelated to humans moving around.

Remarks: We have never even sent a human to mars, yet we understand that many stars, planets and celestial bodies not including the earth and the moon exist.
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
11.06.2018 - 07:34
Kirjoittanut LukeTan, 11.06.2018 at 07:20

Kirjoittanut Darth., 11.06.2018 at 07:18

I think you've misunderstood me, I meant that humans would find out that singlecellular life existed somewhere else in the universe.

What I said was completely unrelated to humans moving around.

Yeah and the only way humans are going to find single-cellular life in the universe is by moving around. Probes won't really work without sophisticated AI since they need to navigate to the planet, avoid solar storms and micrometeroites, assess the planet and its conditions, land and then sample the soil and stuff, then transmit its findings to Earth all without any input from mission control. Equipping it with a transmitter strong enough, a lander sophisticated enough, an artificial intelligence capable enough, a reactor powerful enough to power it and ensuring it survives the trip is going to be hard as fuck. Since the probe will be massive and probably need people onboard to maintain it. Especially: how do you land? Chemical rockets mean you need it stored securely and humans to maintain that for years in which case its a colony ship or its a one way trip for them. Balloons is a bad idea since you can't control it and the lander will be heavy as shit considering there's a laboratory and a reactor on board. Nuclear based means you're sterilizing the ground you want to test for life. All that machinery is going to be expensive, and big enough to qualify as an automated ship assuming humans were unneeded. Why will anyone ever do this? Lets assume a government decides to not be stingy and actually funds a space agency which is asked to look into the possibility of carrying this out (there's no profit so the private sector will never do this). The risk of the probe being destroyed or disabled before it reaches anywhere close to its destination is enormous. The cost in designing, building, launching, and following the probe will be enormous. Plus other factors like the geopolitical landscape, the attitude of the administration in power etc. It will never happen, not without a cheap and reliable FTL system. There's already so much pushback to colonizing Mars or the Moon. All of that just to try and find single-celled life that may or may not exist? No, if humans ever find primitive life outside the system, it'll be because we were colonizing that planet. Again though, colonizing another system will be a massive undertaking which may just never happen without FTL.
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
11.06.2018 - 13:29
10 monts of travel to get to another planet, in our time, is not that much.
Wasn't there some space program or something that had people sign up for Mars colonisation few years back?
----
...још сте ту...
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
11.06.2018 - 13:54
Kirjoittanut Your Laki, 11.06.2018 at 13:29

Wasn't there some space program or something that had people sign up for Mars colonisation few years back?

for ten months you can create a human being on earth ...
----
No such thing as a good girl, you are just not the right guy.

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
11.06.2018 - 14:07
 4nic
This is the work of jihad
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
11.06.2018 - 14:53
Kirjoittanut Your Laki, 11.06.2018 at 13:29

yea, the people were picked aswell. i think it will launch on 2020 though i doubt it, i havent heard of any preparations being made in mars for those people to survive there
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Yksityisyys | Käyttöehdot | Bannerit | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liity meihin:

Levitä sanaa