Hanki Premium piilottaaksesi kaikki mainokset
Postit: 489   Viereailijat: 305 users
31.03.2012 - 04:40
3rd Afterwind 1v1 Tournament Spring/Summer

General information:
This is the third 1v1 Afterwind tournament. The settings are going to change again, to prevent the same tournaments every season. However, Europe+ and 10k still seem to be the most popular settings, so it will not be changed. The initial countries will be changed to 2! Its not used very often and it gives both player more starting combinations, without using the same Strategy and first turn trick over and over again. Different rules, Different settings, More fun!

Current status: Tournament started. New registrations will be placed on the reservelist

Tournament type: 2 times knockout system:
This will be the same system that was used in the 2nd Afterwind tournament. It's a double elimination system.

Scheduling matches
Find you opponents in the seedings, and contact the player. If you have trouble with scheduling your match, contact Caulerpa or Hugosch. The player that is on top of the seedings, has to create the game.

Joining and seedings
You can join this tournament by posting a message in this forum or contact Caulerpa or Hugosch by a PM or in game. The registration will be closed on 21April and the seedings will be set on 22April. Also, that will be the start of the tournament. Players with the highest ranks get first picks in the seedings, to prevent a rank10 vs rank10 in the first round.

Default Match rules:
Game Type*: Quick game
Map: Europe+
Turn duration: 4mins
Starting funds: 10k
Maximum players*: 2
Joining until week*: 0
Victory: Capture player capital and hold for at least 2 turns
Game duration: 50turns
Rares: None
Initial countries: 2
+100 cities: On
Allow rejoining*: Off
Additional rules:
- It is not allowed to move your units into enemy territory within the first turn
- If both players doesn't want to pick first at the country selection, then the player that has been drawn first, has to pick.
- The match rules are only default: If both players agree on other gamerules (like other turn duration, map, initial countries or both players don't have premium), then it is allowed to change the default rules. Rules marked with * are non-negotiable
- If there are players with serval accounts; you can enter the tournament with just ONE of them. Entering the tournament with more accounts will lead to disqualification on all accounts.

Reporting your score
- Make a screenshot that will show who is the winner and post it here!
- When your enemy cheated (by attacking in the first turn for example); make a screenshot of that happening, and also post it here.

Current signups (64/64):
The signups are placed in 2 groups. The registration is closed, so this groups are definite signups are open for reserves now.

Any questions? Post below
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 05:18
How do i sign up
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 05:30
Kirjoittanut madmonks777, 31.03.2012 at 05:18

How do i sign up

You just did
Posting a message in this thread is enough
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 05:55
I'm in yo.
----
Kirjoittanut Amok, 29.04.2012 at 08:36

Gardevoir, your obnoxiousness really baffles me sometimes...just leave for good already or stop whining.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 06:10
Dito
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 06:47
I'm in.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 07:00
 YOBA
Let's do this, sign me up Hugosch.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 07:17
Hang on. Two initial countries?
----

Gardevoir, your obnoxiousness really baffles me sometimes...just leave for good already or stop whining.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 07:22
I'm in .
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 07:22
I'm in.

2 questions:

1. Is it allowed to play with only one of our 2 initial starting countries by exemple I play France against austria+sweden?
2. "It is not allowed to move your units into enemy territory within the first turn" Does that mean that a SM spain player can't take UK first turn while facing France because he have to move his units over Bretagne?
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 07:26
Kirjoittanut Barrymore, 31.03.2012 at 07:17

Yes, since 10k and 1 country is a standard setting and would be a little monotonous if we have another tournament with that settings if you ask me. I've played some matches with 2 countries and it's fun.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 07:28
Kirjoittanut Cardinal Ouellet, 31.03.2012 at 07:22

2 questions:

1. Is it allowed to play with only one of our 2 initial starting countries by exemple I play France against austria+sweden?
2. "It is not allowed to move your units into enemy territory within the first turn" Does that mean that a SM spain player can't take UK first turn while facing France because he have to move his units over Bretagne?

1. You can only pick 1 country if you want. (if game mechanics allow that)
2. It is allowed to move units over your enemy's country, but at the beginning of the next turn (week 2) you are not allowed to have any units in your opponent's countries. It's like "no wallfucking in home country" but a little simpler for new players to understand.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 07:53
Kirjoittanut Barrymore, 31.03.2012 at 07:17

We wanted a change in the tournament, its no fun if there are the same rules every tournament. Since the votes showed that it should be Europe+ and 10k again, we've tried to look at the other rules.

The most players have a default strategy, always pick the same country and do the same moves in the first 3turns. This new game option will change that and it will also change the gamestyle, strategy and tactics in the game with more possible combinations. I've tried this setting against some opponents (lost most of my matches btw), and everyone i played liked these settings.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 08:07
Yeah just played a game with two countries, it was suprisingly different.
----

Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 10:32
Bleh. Europe+?
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 11:32
Im in
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 12:53
I am in.
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

"In this game, everyone is hated."
~Xenosapien
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 12:58
Count me in
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 15:47
I'm signing up
----
Qui non proficit, deficit. UCR 5/5/11-2/14/12. 6/17/12 - Coniunctum, sumus invicta.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
31.03.2012 - 19:58
I will bet u

X--DD

EDIT: I think you should set it up like ironail's tournament, with a losers bracket as well (one and done is annoying, and ironail's tournament was extremely fun and memorable)

also, if my message was not clear, please sign me up
----
I was banned for your sins

VAGlJESUS ["I love me some KFC"]
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
01.04.2012 - 05:21
Kirjoittanut VAGlNEER 2.0, 31.03.2012 at 19:58

I think you should set it up like ironail's tournament, with a losers bracket as well (one and done is annoying, and ironail's tournament was extremely fun and memorable)

Please, read the post.....

Kirjoittanut Hugosch, 31.03.2012 at 04:40

Tournament type: 2 times knockout system:
This will be the same system that was used in the 2nd Afterwind tournament. It's a double elimination system.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
01.04.2012 - 10:51
I think the 2 initial country start may cause some unbalanced situations. There will be too much stalling especially if someone lets say picks Ukraine, a very strong cheaper country, he has a lot of leftover cash to pick a stall country for ex; his enemy is Germany, he can pick Ukraine as his main and Austria to stall. I think we should just stick with the standard 1 initial country to avoid this issue.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
01.04.2012 - 13:02
TopHats: I don't see why it is unbalanced. If you pick Ukraine, then your enemy is very bad as he picks Germany. But that doesn't mean that these 2 initial countries are unbalanced. If its 10k and 1 country selection and i pick Belgium when you took Gemany, then that doesn't mean that the 1 country selection is the setting to blame for the unbalancing. Its just the choices you make. I tried the Ukraine/Austria combination. Its a good one, but it can be beaten. And even if it was unbeatable, then its easy to encountry by just picking Austria if the opponent took Ukraine.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
01.04.2012 - 14:13
I suppose you're right, I just feel there will be a lot of complaints of people wining or losing for the wrong reasons.
----
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
01.04.2012 - 15:06
Oh yeah. You know I'm in. GW plz don't fail me now!
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
01.04.2012 - 22:22
 Desu
Mehhhhhhhh why not. Add me.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
01.04.2012 - 22:28
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
01.04.2012 - 23:18
Despite my reluctance to have to go up against a rank 9 in the first round.... meh why not?

Sign me up yo!
----
This doesn't really say anything, it's just a space filler while I try to come up with a better signature.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
01.04.2012 - 23:56
I would like in on this.

edit: I changed my name from 4set to what it is currently.
----
Chaplain (Maj. Gen.) Francis L. Sampson, was an American Army officer who served as the 12th Chief of Chaplains of the United States Army.
His real life story of his rescuing a young soldier became the inspiration for the film "Saving Private Ryan�
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
02.04.2012 - 08:12
 YOBA
Hugosch, I noticed you put up the ranks next to the names of all the players. Does that mean you'll try to match us up according to rank?
Please do, I'll suck you off for that.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Yksityisyys | Käyttöehdot | Bannerit | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liity meihin:

Levitä sanaa