Hanki Premium piilottaaksesi kaikki mainokset
Postit: 9   Viereailijat: 129 users
12.02.2017 - 06:12
Thedestroyer
Käyttäjä poistettu
Hello,
I will try to make a guide for RoR 7: Rebellion scenario.
It seems that at first this map was called Spartacus' Revolt not Rebellion, as we can see from the Showcase posted by Aetius 3 and a half years ago > http://ro.atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=9642

I believe this is one of the ballanced scenarios ever made with players of smilar strenght and experience and I am pretty sure it won't dissapoint you if you'll give it a try.

This is how the scenario's image look like after you've clicked it in Scenario panel >

Here are the countries and their specific colors in the selection process.

The list of Ground units>

The List of Naval units>

In this scenario there are no Air units (obviously) and neither you can build buildings like Fortifications. I highly recommend to you if you host this to put the Chance of rare units to None so that the prem players won't enjoy free perks while non prem won't.

Now I will make a presentation of each factions and countries>

I. Roman Republic

1. Romans (Pompey) -pink in game- (24 recruitment centers, starting money: 6200, Initial income: 2570)

Recommended strategy: Imperialist
You receive your event t1, in South of France and little event + General in south Spain.

By the location of these events, I believe it is clear that the priority front is Spain.

However,
it's possible as well a strong push towards Dacia capital and in mid game a landing in south Turkey to put pressure together with Lucullus on Armenia and Pontus.

Recommended units: Legionary Cohort

In general, after Sertorian is subdued you have two options in the west, take the land path across Alps or go by the sea with the next target being Spartacus.
Anyway, in Dacia you can go the passive way too, which is somehow dangerous if enemy Dacia destroy all your walls in Greece, you can start losing ground in the back, even if you hold the main Dacian front well.
This is the hardest Roman and he has to deal with 2 main fronts, I recommend it for experienced players.
Also, don't forget about your 2x teritories in Africa.

I.2. Romans (Crassus) -orange in game- (30 recruitment centers, starting money: 600!, initial income: 3278)
Starting event: 1 General + 10 Conscript Cohorts in Capua, main event at t16:

Crassus don't have naval transports so even if you defeat Spartacus it will be very hard to help your allies(in early game). Pay attention, the Freedom defense in Spartacus' capital is very hard to destroy!
One strategy is to make a lot of walls, all the time and prevent Spartacus from taking those slavery spawns, if he get them all, you are done.
After t20 I think you receive Legionary Cohorts instead of Conscript Cohorts and you can go on to take Spartacus' cap. (and also Transport Vessels so you can help your allies)

I. 3 Romans (Lucullus) -dark red in game- (10 conscription centers, starting money: 7500!!, initial income +1035, the lowest Roman income)
Starting event: General + 8 Quadriremes in Chalcedon, main event t5:

Recommended strategies: Imperialist
Recommended units: Lucullus Veterans (maybe the strongest Roman units after Elite Cohorts, you won't be able to spawn them anymore from t20 onwards)
There are two types of strategies: first one, you go very agressive on Pontus, break all walls, try to destroy one or both his generals and in the same time try to put pressure on Armenia. Second one, push them both slowly, but this is dangerous because Armenia can grow very powerful, but if you have the support of Pompey in late game you can make it like this, also, try not to suicide on Pontus stack, better wait for extra reinforcement than destroy your stack.
If you got Pontus capital and already got into his mountains passes(and killed his stacks, of course) this is almost over in Turkey (Asia Minor).
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
12.02.2017 - 07:33
Thedestroyer
Käyttäjä poistettu
II. Enemies of Rome
1. Pontus -light blue in game- (25 recruitment centers, 100 starting money, +1151 initial income)

Recommended units: Phalangites and Hillmen as your income sucks while maintaining an important stack alive.
Recommended strategy: Imperialist (maybe PD too)
Event: also, you got 10 Schytian Riders in N-E of the map and don't forget about your 18 Quadriremes too!
Recommended gameplay: Try to gradually retreat and avoid the confrontation with Luc as your stack grows bigger, your units are no match for his Veterans, maybe jut your Bronze Shields or Pontic Cohorts, but those are expensive units. Try to wall as much as you can and by this you defend Armenia too, slowly retreat towards the mountains, but try not to lose all your possesions westwards of your capital! Also, the cordon in Black Sea is meant to be a barrier against enemy ships, but you can pass through it on that 2 spawn point which contains Mare Nostrum. Wait for Armenia to come to your aid.

II. 2. Sertorian Hispania - dark orange in game - (18 reinforcement cities, starting money 5400, initial income +1062)

Recommended units: Balearic Slingers if GW, Hispanii Insidiis, Auxilia and Scutarii if IMP
Recommended strategies: Guerrila Warfare or Imperialist
Event: + you get some Auxilia in like 3 Hispanic cities.
Recommended gameplay: Wall much and try to snatch from Pompey his 2x southern provinces, these have 200+ income each so it will be a hard blow to his income. Pompey might comes from the sea too in the North so watch out for it in your eastern shores. Also, dont forget about your cities in N-W of Africa. Don't do something rash against his stack, his cohorts are defensive mainly so you need huge man power to destroy it. Try not to lose so many lands in north and north-east.

II. 3. Spartacus' Rebels -purple in game - (3 spawn cities and 1 inactive, starting money 7000, initial income +274)

Recommended units: Slave Rabble and Warband
Event: +15 Slave Rabble in cap
Recommended gameplay: Go on and conquer all the spawns from the map (which usually contain a Slavery defense unit which is very powerful so don't attack it mildly) and in general slowroll Crassus, this Roman is not a joke and you need to keep him uber busy, maybe snatch his cities too, destroy all his walls, maybe jew his northern provinces, contain him in Rome and when you got the money and required Gladiators (they are able to destroy the Fortification unit) hit Rome with all your might. You don't have naval transports til' late game so you won't be able to help your buddy Sertorian or Burebista early.

II. 4. Armenia - green in game - (1 active spawn city, 2 inactive, these 2 will become active in t2, initial money 1650, initial income +481)
Expansion Axis of Armenia:

Recommended units: Archers if GW, Kataphrakts and Spearmen if IMP
Recommended strategies: Guerrilla Warfare and Imperialist
Recommended gameplay: Conquer all or most of the lands from Albania to Syria and by t10 come in Pontus' aid. Try to take all Armenia's cities to gain full country bonus and quickly conquer all surrounding cities, because after a while (I think after t12 as Labienus suggests) a Barbarian Tribe unit will appear in them. Syria is the strongest neutral, that is one of your last possesions to gain. Also, in mid game you can expect Pompey to land in south Asia Minor so take the necessary cautions. But, your primary objective needs to be defeating Lucullus side by side with Pontus.

II. 5. Burebista's Kingdom - brown in game - (9 spawning points, 3000 initial money, +777 initial income)

Recommended units: Skirmishes if GW, Spearmen and Swordsmen if IMP
Recommended strategies: Guerrilla Warfare or Imperialist
Event: + 30 Spearmen spreaded on map
Recommended gameplay: Try to grab Triballia, Scordiscia and Bessia before Pompey does, wall much and hold position and in this time, try to hold the line and in the same time infiltrate Skirmishers deep in Greece and get his cities before reinf turn. All Burebista can do is wait for Asia Minor to come to his aid, his 5 Barbarian Tribes will twart away enemies but it will not keep you safe forever as enemy Elites can cut through them like chesse.

The Victory Condition of this game is conquer the home country of your enemy and hold it for 2 turns. In general, this games lasts for 20-30 turns, but the fate of the game can be decided in the first 10 turns as well.

So, if you didn't play this scenario you may give it a try or if you played it before maybe you got some new information from this 2 parts guide.

Have a nice day!
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
12.02.2017 - 11:14
Amazing topic! waiting for someone to make it XD
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
12.02.2017 - 11:56
Alltough Spartacus can make gladiators to take rome faster since they have 10 attack and are good for destroying the forts 7 gladiators will kill a fort
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
12.02.2017 - 18:13
I cant wait to play it. it will only take me an hour and a half each turn to figure out what unit i want to buy. r u gonna print out a walkthrough guide ..................no harm meant, just being humorous. dont ban me from atwar please.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
12.02.2017 - 19:45
Well, if you put it that way, now i wanna play.
----
If a game is around long enough, people will find the most efficient way to play it and start playing it like robots
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.02.2017 - 00:14
Well, at least the presentation of the topic is well done - but from my point of view the scenario is not.
I had "the honor" to play Pontus yesterday and it was amazingly frustrating, nevertheless i thought the units were great.

1.) while Romans can transport troops by ships, Pontus is not allowed to do so... you may build 3 different kinds of ships, but none of them are able to transport !!!
2.) Naval units were not able to cross the blue line and move west, i was neither allowed to enter that 2-point-reinforce-city as mentioned in this thread, nor was it possible to move them any close to the blue line at all, cause the movement cursor would turn red then (not allowing)
- so Pontus´ ships are not able to wall the sea or their cities east of that line, what allows rome to come in much more easily...
3.) ...at least defend your cities: Naval troops from Pontus are not allowed to enter Pontus cities, even though the cities have a port and can build naval troops. Once you pit them out of the city you ll never get them back in
4.) Naval troops also can not take cities in this scenario, which is not nice, because after all the Naval troops, including 18 Quadriremes you start with, are absolutely useless. The only thing you want as Pontus is your ships to sink and save the huge amount of money they cost each turn...
5.) For some reason Pontus ships were allowed to attack 1 neutral city near Ukraine, but the ships ended up on land and were stuck for a while...

Pontus is too restricted to have any chance for a positive end in this scenario, as the romans get shitloads of troops by scenario events, while Pontus has literally nothing, but weird restrictions.

a Testplayer said "the restricitions were made to make it more realistic" ... but that is like Trump offering "alternative facts" - it´s nonsense to sell realism as the reason why unrealistic restrictions have to be made to balance it. As if Pontus was such a big threats when allowed to use boats correctly...
very very disappointing, I wish this will be fixed some day, cause it´s potencially really nice
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.02.2017 - 00:39
Thedestroyer
Käyttäjä poistettu
Kirjoittanut Bozzemoggel, 13.02.2017 at 00:14

Well, at least the presentation of the topic is well done - but from my point of view the scenario is not.
I had "the honor" to play Pontus yesterday and it was amazingly frustrating, nevertheless i thought the units were great.

1.) while Romans can transport troops by ships, Pontus is not allowed to do so... you may build 3 different kinds of ships, but none of them are able to transport !!!
2.) Naval units were not able to cross the blue line and move west, i was neither allowed to enter that 2-point-reinforce-city as mentioned in this thread, nor was it possible to move them any close to the blue line at all, cause the movement cursor would turn red then (not allowing)
- so Pontus´ ships are not able to wall the sea or their cities east of that line, what allows rome to come in much more easily...
3.) ...at least defend your cities: Naval troops from Pontus are not allowed to enter Pontus cities, even though the cities have a port and can build naval troops. Once you pit them out of the city you ll never get them back in
4.) Naval troops also can not take cities in this scenario, which is not nice, because after all the Naval troops, including 18 Quadriremes you start with, are absolutely useless. The only thing you want as Pontus is your ships to sink and save the huge amount of money they cost each turn...
5.) For some reason Pontus ships were allowed to attack 1 neutral city near Ukraine, but the ships ended up on land and were stuck for a while...

Pontus is too restricted to have any chance for a positive end in this scenario, as the romans get shitloads of troops by scenario events, while Pontus has literally nothing, but weird restrictions.

a Testplayer said "the restricitions were made to make it more realistic" ... but that is like Trump offering "alternative facts" - it´s nonsense to sell realism as the reason why unrealistic restrictions have to be made to balance it. As if Pontus was such a big threats when allowed to use boats correctly...
very very disappointing, I wish this will be fixed some day, cause it´s potencially really nice

Bozzemoggel, I will answer your questions one by one, but from the start I am telling you that Pontus is no easy faction:
1). Nor any other Enemy of Rome is allowed to transport units. (I am not sure but that thing it may change very late game) but this should not be a problem because from Turkey you can pass in Europe south of Chalcedon.
2). You don't enter that 2x spawn point, you cross above it, you can't cross the cordon otherwise, so you just slowly drag the Quadriremes above it and you are on the other side. Try it in offline! I usually pass over the cordon with my ships and try to take Chalcedon from Luc with the help of ground units, but a good Luc won't allow you to take Chalcedon.
3). I think there is a reason for not allowing Pontus to enter with ships into coastal cities, just imagine you can, well you buy defense Liburnae and you will hold the north mountain pass much easier, Romans can do that, I did it as Crassus holding the south mountain pass from Gaul to north Italy with Liburnae against Sertorian who defeated Pompey in Hispania and was coming with stack at me. So, I guess that the general reasons for this minus is that Enemies of Rome are not supposed to be as strong as Romans, they are 2+ more in number to counter Roman might.
4).You can't take lands with ships and there is a reason for this, I think if it would be possible you could conquer easily the coast of W Turkey from Luc and E Greece from Pompey, those Quadriremes need to attack together with ground units to be effective in conquering a land. Don't worry, first time I have played Pontus I did the same mistakes. I am not saying that this scenario is perfect, it has some flaws like units rarely bugging upon a city etc.

And in the end, Pontus rarely defeats Luc without Armenia's help!

Kirjoittanut knights of geton, 12.02.2017 at 18:13

I cant wait to play it. it will only take me an hour and a half each turn to figure out what unit i want to buy. r u gonna print out a walkthrough guide ..................no harm meant, just being humorous. dont ban me from atwar please.

I have written there Recommended units according to used strategy so I don't think there is a problem which unit to buy in each faction.

Kirjoittanut Testman, 12.02.2017 at 11:56

Alltough Spartacus can make gladiators to take rome faster since they have 10 attack and are good for destroying the forts 7 gladiators will kill a fort

I had already mention abt Spartacus' Gladiators but now I highlighted the fact that they can wipe out Rome's Fortification. Thx for clearly pointing it out.
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
13.02.2017 - 11:42
Die scenario lover.

jk love you man haha
Ladataan...
Ladataan...
atWar

About Us
Contact

Yksityisyys | Käyttöehdot | Bannerit | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

Liity meihin:

Levitä sanaa